Register for this Course
Interactive Live Webinars, programme of 3 x 90 minute modules
Anyone who wants to get better at managing and controlling any projects they may be working on, or are responsible for. ‘Projects’ cover a huge range of activities, both personal and professional, and these modules will equip you with the mindset, skills, and know-how to optimise and succeed with every project you undertake.
Pre-course Preparation: It is best if you have a genuine project to work on for the practical parts of this course, so please come with a project you are doing or would like to do. This could be to do with work, home or your life.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Define and profile a specific project
- Understand why projects fail and identify the key principles for success
- Identify the skills and qualities that an effective project manager needs
- Set clear and realistic objectives for a project and understand the stages of the project life cycle
- Know how to plan, organise, schedule and track a project
- Identify and evaluate project risks
- Understand how to use tools and documents for effective project management
- Communicate clearly with leaders, stakeholders and participants
Module 1: Principles – 90 Minutes
- What is project management?
- What skills will you need, and how will you use them?
- Understanding your own role
- Four Key Steps to effective and successful projects
- Project Sponsor or Project Manager?
- Action Points
Module 2: Planning for Success – 90 Minutes
- Building your Project Initiation Document
- Objectives. Strategy. Tactics. In that order…
- Defining your objectives and your target deliverables
- SMART planning
- Principles of Critical path Analysis made simple = Action Planning
- Practical work on your own project
- Action Points
Module 3: Putting your Plan into Action – 90 Minutes
- Managing project scope and creep
- Managing and mitigating risk
- Managing communications
- Managing relationships, authority and collaboration
- Closing your project positively and productively!
Round up of key points and action
Action Planning tool to focus on the changes you want to make and how to make them stick.
Duration (in days)
09 – 10 Sep 2020
Price per Person: