Individuals starting out or who need a refresher in negotiating on behalf of their organisation in relation to sales, contracts and terms. This workshop builds an understanding of the skills and techniques available to reach any type of critical agreement with external or internal contacts.
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What will we cover today?
- What are your priorities and types of situations and challenges you face
Vital Preparation Needed for a Successful Outcome
- What is a negotiation and what isn’t
- Win – Win
- Negotiation quiz
The Key Tactics of Successful Negotiators
- The principles of negotiation
- Preparing properly – what must I do?
- The difference between cost and value
- Initial stance and fall-back position
How to Keep Control Under Pressure
- Defining and keeping the structure of the negotiation
- Keeping the negotiation in sensible chunks
- Agree a bit at a time
The Secrets of Variables
- How to respond effectively to others’ tactics, objections and conditions
Effective Communication Techniques During the Negotiation Process
- Rapport: how to get it and keep it even under pressure
- Focus on what can be done not what can’t
The way forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action