Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What will we cover today?
- What do I want from the day?
The Context of Stress – Causes and Effects
- Pressure and stress - what's the difference?
- Identifying the causes of stress – external and internal
- The signs and symptoms
- How stress affects your life and behaviour - self awareness
Strategies for Managing Pressure and Reducing Your Stress
- Exploring personal prevention techniques
- Prioritising & diary management
- Understanding your stress points and managing unavoidable stress
- The importance of perceptions and thinking skills
Techniques To Deal with Your Stress
- Quick and easy everyday stress-busters
- Exercises for relaxation and inner calm
- Tips for a stress free lifestyle
Prevention - Good Management Practice to Minimise Stressful situations
- The management responsibility for prevention, including legal
- How to use the tools of good management to minimise stress
- Using practice scenarios, causes, effects and solutions to transform stressful situations
- Recognising stress in others and within your team
- How to approach the issue of dealing with stress in others
The way forward - Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action