Introduction & Workshops Objectives
- What will we cover today?
- What do you want to achieve today?
Feelings, Attitudes and Motivation
- Keeping in the right frame of mind - your attitude
- Accentuate the positive with positive and professional words and phrases
It’s not what you say, it’s the way you say it
- Your vibrant voice - how tone influences and affects the other person
- Maintaining confidence, assertiveness and professionalism
- Keeping 'in step' with the caller
- Am I really listening?
- What stops me listening properly?
- Strategies for effective listening
- Different types of question
- Finding out what the caller really wants
- Ensuring the correct information is taken
Handling Tricky and Difficult Calls
- What to say and when to say it
- When and how to put on hold
- Managing the callers expectations
- How to finish the call on a positive note
Telephone Exercises – Delegates will be able to practise and gain feedback on their telephone skills
The Way Forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action