Supervisors, first Level Managers and Team Leaders who have been in the role for a short time and would like to gain a better understanding of what is involved in delegating and overseeing team and individual tasks and to gain commitment to get them right first time.
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- Finding out what you want to achieve today
Role of Supervisor
- Identifying your personal strengths, skills and qualities
- Activities an effective Supervisor is involved in
- Action Centered Leadership
- What is communication?
- Why it can go wrong so often and how to avoid it
- Importance of listening
Enhancing your Credibility
- How can you establish or enhance credibility
Delegation / Giving Instructions
- Why should we delegate?
- Steps of successful delegation
- Avoiding reverse delegation
- What motivates you?
- Key principles of staff motivation
- Test yourself: How well do you motivate?
- Tips on how to motivate others
- Two types of feedback – what they are, when to use, and where to use
- Giving and taking criticism
The Way Forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action