Relationship Building and Conflict Resolution
DurationA live and Interactive 3 x 90 minute webinars
Anyone who interacts with people on a face-to-face basis, where possible conflict can occur. Unresolved conflict impacts on everyone’s performance, morale and well being and it is vital to resolve it effectively. This workshop will help you to handle conflict and extreme differences with colleagues, clients or customers, avoiding situations that may lead to irretrievable breakdowns in communication.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the common causes of conflict
- Recognise patterns of behaviour you may encounter during different interactions
- Be alert to the warning and danger signs of conflict
- Be able to confidently take the main steps to avert or deal with possible conflict
- Have absorbed different techniques to communicate effectively and build rapport
- Be able to create an action plan to support your change in dealing with and resolving conflict
What is Conflict?
- What is conflict?
- How conflict evolves and what are the causes?
- What is negative and positive conflict?
- The Conflict Life Cycle
Understanding Challenging Behaviour
- Clarify the difference between aggressive, assertive and passive behaviour
- Recognise the effects of each type on self and others
- Gain tips towards assertiveness
Managing Your Emotions & Building Rapport
- Managing Your Emotions
- Emotional Intelligence
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Ways to influence and persuade
- Barriers to successful persuasion
- Successful Persuasion
- Empathy to establish trust and communicate effectively
Resolving Conflict & Negotiating
- Interest Based Relationship (IBR) Approach