Stress Management at Work
Anyone who experiences stress at work or in their personal life, or who manages others experiencing stress in the workplace and who would like to recognise and change the situation.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Recognise how pressure and stress affects people
- Identify potential causes of stress
- Understand reactions to stress
- Prevent or manage stress in yourself and others
- Improve and develop new strategies for coping with potentially stressful situations
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What will we cover today?
- What do I want from the day?
The Context of Stress – Causes and Effects
- Pressure and stress - what's the difference?
- The causes of stress
- The signs and symptoms of stress
- How stress affects your life - self awareness
Strategies for Managing Pressure and Reducing Stress
- Exploring prevention techniques
- Prioritising & diary management
- Understanding your stress points and managing unavoidable stress
- The importance of perceptions and thinking skills
- Quick and easy everyday stress-busters
- Exercises for relaxation and inner calm
- Tips for a stress free lifestyle
Stress in Others
- Recognising stress in others at work
- How to approach the issue and your responsibility to deal with it
The way forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action