Effective Interpersonal Skills
Individuals that would like to enhance their performance by improving their working relationships with colleagues, clients or their team.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify your individual Interpersonal skills
- Use improved communication techniques
- Recognise the difference between submissiveness, assertiveness and aggressiveness
- Communicate with others in a way which helps to get your message across
- Implement influencing and persuading skills
- See how to use effective people skills in a variety of workplace situations
- Successfully delegate and handle constructive criticism
- Improve your working relationships through strategies you develop
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What are Interpersonal Skills?
- Ways to improve the effectiveness of your communication and reduce misunderstandings
- The importance of active listening
- Questioning and paraphrasing technique
- What is assertiveness?
- The difference between submissiveness, assertiveness, and aggressiveness
- How assertive are you?
Understanding and valuing differences
- Appreciation of different communication and working styles
- Find out which style you prefer
- Practise adjusting the way you communicate to the style of the person you talk or write to
Practising Persuasion and Influencing
- What is the crucial question when persuading other people?
- How can you influence people around you?
Feedback and Delegation – Applying Interpersonal Skills
- How to delegate effectively
- Handling criticism constructively
The way forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action