Executive PA - Developing Your Role
Individuals who are intending to become or are newly appointed and beginning to develop their role as a PA.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills required for this position
- Build a successful working relationship with your manager
- Show assertive behaviour and communicate more confidently
- Manage your time more effectively
- Be ready to take on more responsibility
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What are we going to cover today?
- What are your priorities for the day?
The role of the PA / Executive Assistant
- How and why the role is changing
- What skills will help me to provide the proactive support my manager needs
- What do I want from my role?
- Understanding the role of management and where I fit in
- Building a successful working relationship with my manager – working in partnership
- What is assertive behaviour?
- Giving feedback to our managers and other team members
- Learning to say ‘no’
Time Management Tips
- Managing myself, my manager and my workload
- Looking at symptoms of poor time-management and how they can be overcome
- Setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- To do lists, planners and other tools
Taking More Control and Responsibility
- Solving problems effectively and with confidence
- Making decisions in your manager’s absence
- Using initiative to get the task done
The way forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action