Supervisors, first Level Managers and Team Leaders who have been in the role for a short time and would like to gain a better understanding of what is involved in delegating and overseeing team and individual tasks and to gain commitment to get them right first time.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Supervise and manage effectively
- Get the results and performance your staff are capable of
- Communicate more effectively and listen actively
- Establish or enhance your credibility
- Apply effective delegation techniques
- Enhance your ability to motivate your staff
- Appreciate the importance of feedback and how to give it effectively
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- Finding out what you want to achieve today
Role of Supervisor
- Identifying your personal strengths, skills and qualities
- Activities an effective Supervisor is involved in
- Action Centered Leadership
- What is communication?
- Why it can go wrong so often and how to avoid it
- Importance of listening
Enhancing your Credibility
- How can you establish or enhance credibility
Delegation / Giving Instructions
- Why should we delegate?
- Steps of successful delegation
- Avoiding reverse delegation
- What motivates you?
- Key principles of staff motivation
- Test yourself: How well do you motivate?
- Tips on how to motivate others
- Two types of feedback – what they are, when to use, and where to use
- Giving and taking criticism
The Way Forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action
Duration (in days)1
|Location||Dates||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Guildford||06 Oct 2020||£375.00||
06 Oct 2020
£375.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » Available
|Register Now » Available|