Individuals who want to improve their telephone communications skills, but in particular those who use the telephone as an important part of their job.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of how we use our voice - tonality
- Clarify what to say and what NOT to say
- Develop strategies for being a better listener
- Use effective questioning techniques to ensure you understand the callers needs
- Handle phone calls with confidence
- Produce some strategies for making any changes happen
Introduction & Workshops Objectives
- What will we cover today?
- What do you want to achieve today?
Feelings, Attitudes and Motivation
- Keeping in the right frame of mind - your attitude
- Accentuate the positive with positive and professional words and phrases
It’s not what you say, it’s the way you say it
- Your vibrant voice - how tone influences and affects the other person
- Maintaining confidence, assertiveness and professionalism
- Keeping 'in step' with the caller
- Am I really listening?
- What stops me listening properly?
- Strategies for effective listening
- Different types of question
- Finding out what the caller really wants
- Ensuring the correct information is taken
Handling Tricky and Difficult Calls
- What to say and when to say it
- When and how to put on hold
- Managing the callers expectations
- How to finish the call on a positive note
Telephone Exercises – Delegates will be able to practise and gain feedback on their telephone skills
The Way Forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action
Duration (in days)1
|Location||Dates||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|Guildford||09 Sep 2020||£375.00||
09 Sep 2020
£375.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » Available
|Register Now » Available|