IMPORTANT information and updates | Coronavirus
Following statements issued by the World Health Organisation, here is some information important to our team, our clients, temporary workers and learners in connection with the Coronavirus.
You also might want to have a look at WHO advice on line, in particular “Coronavirus disease – advice to the public”.
We do not want any unnecessary risks taken with regards to you contracting Coronavirus or the possible spread of the virus. We want to keep us all as safe as possible
What We Must All Do
Please ensure that you take the following actions to reduce the risks of exposure:
- Wash your hands frequently – Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
Why? – Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Maintain social distancing – Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
Why? – When someone coughs or sneezes, they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth, which may contain the virus.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose & mouth
Why? – Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene – This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
Why? – Droplets spread virus. By following good respiratory hygiene you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early: Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance.
Why? – National and local authorities will have the most up to date information on the situation in your area. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also protect you and help prevent the spread of viruses and other infections
What we are doing as a Company
- Laminates of advice and guidance posters are around to remind us all.
- Gel and tissues will be available in each room for our use and that of our visitors and learners
- Wiping down equipment and surfaces after each learner and training/ exam session.
- Contacting our cleaners to ensure their routine is different and more appropriate – eg wiping surfaces, equipment and deeper cleaning of coffee/catering areas.
- Putting in our own plans for a change of normal routines and external meetings – Zoom or Skype for recruitment interviews, welcome sessions, business meetings.
- A new cleaning routine for the common parts of our building is being rolled out by the building management to cover wiping down commonly used surfaces – door handles and touch points in toilets, kitchens and providing Gel for visitors and common areas
- Business continuity – reviewing equipment and IT needed for all our people to work at home when/if necessary so that customers, our temporary workers and learners will always be able to call/email their normal contact and service will continue.
Note: for Learners and Delegates Attending for Training at Our Location
What you must do
- Absolutely strictly adhere to the guidelines above
- Encourage and enforce our students and visitors to do the same
- Take responsibility for the hygiene of your own workstation and pc equipment –eg. using gel, cleaning and wiping down regularly when you return if you have gone out for a break or something to eat.
- Remind colleagues/peers if you see them forgetting to do the above.
- Ask you have any concerns or need more information
You may wear a mask or other protective apparel if you choose to do that.
Learners – please ask about our distance learning option and how we will support you should you choose to work at home or at your office.
Training at an external location
We will ensure that each location has a safe policy and process, they or we will make you aware of that when you attend at and external location and we ask that you strictly abide by all the rules and precautions for your safety and that of your fellow delegates
Please abide by the guidance above, make yourself aware of the rules/guidelines in your particular workplace and strictly adhere to them for your safety and that of your colleagues.
Ask your normal contact if you have any concerns or require further advice