Complete programme 3 x 2 hour modules.
Anyone, at any level, who wants to produce clear and compelling reports that will influence decision-making and initiate action. Different formats, styles and content are explored and techniques shared that will make report-writing easier, more efficient, and more effective.
By the end of the online course you will be able to:
- Plan your reports to achieve your desired result
- Choose the best structure and content sequence
- Evaluate and prioritise your content
- Handle data and figures confidently and effectively
- Express yourself persuasively using clear language
- Set the right ‘tone’ for the situation and subject
- Increase your confidence in grammar and punctuation
- Check and edit your own writing
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What reports are you writing or expect to write?
- What specifically would you like to achieve today?
Writing to communicate – some important guidelines
- How we choose and consume information
- Paragraphs and sentences
- Increasing and using your vocabulary
- Choosing the right style and ‘tone of voice’
- Matching your language with your audience
- Common Do’s and Don’ts!
Thinking about your Reader
- Who are they? What do they want from you?
- How much do they already know?
- What is your precise objective?
- Structure and emphasis - how we all read reports
+ Practical Homework Exercise
Planning your Report
- Planning your structure, content sequence and flow
- How do you arrange your information for maximum impact?
- Using numbers and data to support your message
- Visuals to reinforce your report
- Maintaining relevance – adding value to your information
The POWER method of effective writing
- Making sure your document says what you mean it to say
- How to revise and produce a final draft
+ Practical Homework Exercises
Review of Homework Exercises
Guided Practical Work:
Creating your Report
- Checking structure and reader navigation
- Objectives for each section of your report
- Writing the Introduction
- Writing the Executive Summary
- How will your report be delivered and read?
Final writing exercise
The way forward
- Summary of Key Points
- Taking ideas back to your workplace and putting them into action
- To do lists – how will you put into practice what you have learned?
Duration (in days)3
|Location||Dates||Price exc. VAT||Status|
£360.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » Available
|Register Now » Available|