Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What are Interpersonal Skills?
- Ways to improve the effectiveness of your communication and reduce misunderstandings
- The importance of active listening
- Questioning and paraphrasing technique
- What is assertiveness?
- The difference between submissiveness, assertiveness, and aggressiveness
- How assertive are you?
Understanding and valuing differences
- Appreciation of different communication and working styles
- Find out which style you prefer
- Practise adjusting the way you communicate to the style of the person you talk or write to
Practising Persuasion and Influencing
- What is the crucial question when persuading other people?
- How can you influence people around you?
Feedback and Delegation – Applying Interpersonal Skills
- How to delegate effectively
- Handling criticism constructively
The way forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action