Anyone representing the company in a front line reception position, or who is expected to deputise in this important role from time to time, and who needs to make the right impact on the front desk
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- Finding out what you want to achieve today
- Identifying your personal strengths and areas for development
The link between Attitude and Performance
- What forms a good or wrong attitude?
- How does your attitude and motivation affect your performance?
- What can you do to improve your attitude when you have a ‘bad’ day
The Role of the Receptionist
- How do you feel in your role?
- Looking at your main tasks
- Your role in the wider organisational context
- The importance of first impressions
- Your handshake, personal presentation, body language and communication skills
The Essentials of good Telephone Manners
- What are good telephone manners
- The importance of your voice, how youspeak and what you say
- Taking and handling messages
What you need to keep in mind
- The importance of the company image
- Interacting with clients/colleagues – never off duty!
- The reception area as public space
- Handling difficult people/callers
- Practise your telephone skills
The Way Forward
- Summary, review and taking the newideas back to your workplace